Nutritional Guidelines for Filipinos
- Eat a variety of foods everyday.
- Breast feed infants exclusively form birth to 4-6 months and then, give appropriate foods while continuing breast-feeding.
- Maintain children’s normal growth through proper diet and monitor their growth regularly.
- Consume fish,lean meat, poultry or dried beans.
- Eat more vegetables, fruits and root crops.
- Eat foods cooked in edible/cooking oil daily.
- Consume milk, milk products and other calcium-rich foods such as small fish and dark green leafy vegetables everyday.
- Use iodized salt but avoid excessive intake of salty foods.
- Eat clean and safe foods.
- For a health lifestyle and good nutrition, exercise regularly, do not smoke, and avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
Food Nutrition Research Institute, 2001