- is assessment the client’s response to nursing interventions and then comparing that response to predetermined standards or outcome criteria.
Purpose: To appraise the extent to which goals and outcome criteria of nursing care have been achieved.
- Collect data about the client’s response.
- Compare the client’s response to goals and outcome criteria.
- The four possible judgments that may be made are as follows:
- The goal was completely met.
- The goal was partially met.
- The goal was completely unmet.
- New problems & nursing diagnosis have developed.
- Analyze the reasons for the outcomes.
- Modify plan of care as needed.