Community Health Information System
- Collective term for the methodical application of information science and technology to community and public health process.
- Focuses on the health information system of the community, it is centered on the majority part of the public.
- Emphasizes the prevention of the disease, medical intervention and public awareness.
- Fulfils a unique role in the community, promoting and protecting the health of the community at the same time maintaining sustainability and integrity of health data and information.
Goal of Community Health Informatics
- Effective and timely assessment that involves monitoring and tracking the health status of populations including identifying and controlling disease outbreaks and epidemics.
Community Health Nursing
- Comprehensive directed towards the majority of individuals, families, and the community at large.
Community Health Application System
- Encourages optimal application of computer system, computer programs and communication system for the benefit of majority of individuals, families and community.
Primary Focus of Community Health Information System
- Preventing, identifying, investigating and eliminating communicable health problems.
- Accessibility of data and information, through communication
- Educating and empowering individuals to adopt health life style
- Facilitate the retrieval of data
- Effective transformation of data into information
- Effective integration of information to other disciplined to concretized knowledge and creates better understanding.
- Creation of computerized patient records, medical information system
- Central repositions of all data such as data warehouse
- Simple Graphical User Interface (GUI) for nurses and other healthcare provider, patient ad consumer
Computer Based Survey System
Health Statistical Surveys
- Are used to collect quantitative information about items in a population to establish certain information from the obtained data.
- Focused on opinions or factual information depending on it’s purpose and many surveys involves administering questions to individuals.
Advantages of Integration of Community Health Systems
- Consistent exchange of response
- Disease tracking
- Data and information sharing
- Building strategies
- Early detection and monitoring of disease and sickness
- Control of spread of disease
- National alertness and preparedness
- Building strong communication
- Maintaining strong relation between nurses and other healthcare provider
- Continuous coordination of the healthcare professionals
- Synchronization of the decisions
- Streamlining of the process
- Effective management of data and information
- Optimal operation of hospital and clinics