Surprising Headache Triggers
There are lots of items on what causes or which aggravates a headache episode. The list could go on from the foods one ate to not getting enough sleep. However, aside from these ‘commonly’ identified headache triggers there are other things that surprisingly brings about the same condition. Check out the list below.
- Weight. Yes, you got it right. Your weight is one factor that causes headache. Researchers discovered that women with a body mass index (BMI) of 30, mild obese, are 35% at risk of experiencing headaches than those with a lower BMI. A BMI of 40 and above, clinically termed as severely obese, elevates the risk to as much as 80%.
- Personality. Who would ever think that personality is one trigger to having headaches? Certain traits such as rigidity and obsessiveness make a person more prone to headaches. Sounds like you? Then it’s time to relax that trait and practice some relaxation techniques or better yet sign up for relaxation training.
- Sexual activity. Approximately 46% of people who suffered from headache stated that sexual activity triggered the condition, in one survey. The type of condition experienced by these people is due to overexertion which is also acquired when jogging or lifting weights. Usually, a dull pain is felt during foreplay while others may complain of severe headache from a sudden orgasm. This is more commonly experienced by men and in rare situations the intensity of the pain may be due to the presence of an aneurysm or tumor growth. However, the condition poses no alarm for those who are just experiencing this during the sexual activity, as sex headache is harmless.
- Vacation. Vacation trips usually alter a person’s normal routine. Escapades done for a couple of days can change a person’s sleeping time. Do not spoil the trip by having a simple headache, keeping the sleep time as normal as possible will make one feel more rested.
- Bathroom Paints. Pain colors can cause headaches. This information known almost to everyone. In addition to colors, the fumes from traditional paints can also stimulate pain experience. So when planning for the next bathroom paint, be sure to settle for an odorless product with a low-VOC (volatile organic compound) formulas.
- Dehydration. Being hydrated not only keeps a glowing and healthy skin but it also is important in keeping headaches away. For those who hate drinking gallons of water in a day, more water can be obtained from fruits and vegetables. What make these foods better is they not only keep the body hydrated but they also stuff in nutrients for the body.
Image courtesy of factoidz.com