Search for the Ten Most Outstanding Student Nurses
The Search is open to male and female BSN students who are graduating within the AY 2008-2009.
The candidate should be officially endorsed by the Dean of the College of Nursing. Only one candidate per school or college shall be accepted. Requirements for filing of candidacy shall be as follows:
- Curriculum vitae of candidate
- Endorsement letter signed by the Dean of the College of Nursing stating the following:
- General weighted average of the student
- Academic or batch ranking
- An explanation (maximum of 200 words) why the student should be chosen as one of the ten outstanding student nurses, highlighting a particular achievement or contribution to the school /local community/study of nursing
Some guidelines for choosing the official school candidate:
Does the student exhibit Academic and Clinical Skills Excellence?
Has the student undertaken and completed a significant research study?
Has the student taken up an important advocacy?
Is the student an active participant of school organizations/extra-curricular activities or the community?
Does the student emulate service above self?
Is the student a good role model to his peers?
Does the student embody the characteristics of a good nurse?
Candidates will be screened based on the following criteria:
Academic and Clinical Skill Excellence 30%
Involvement in Extra-curricular Activities 30%
Significant achievement/contribution/advocacy 40%
Candidates who will pass the screening shall be notified and will be asked to come for the Final Screening on October 3, 2008 at the 2nd Pinoy Nurse Expo. The Final Screening shall have an Academic Round (50%) and a Panel Interview (50%).
Winners will be proclaimed and awarded on October 4, 2008 at the 2nd Pinoy Nurse Expo.
10 MOST OUTSTANDING STUDENT NURSE CRITERIA FOR JUDGING:
A. GRADUATING STUDENT OF 2008 – 2009
B. TEACHER FEEDBACK
-Is the student getting good grades?
-Is the student focused in her work?
-Is the student diligent
-Is the student disciplined
C. EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
– Is the student part of any school activities? School Organizations? Sports?
– Is the student playing a significant role in these extra curricular activities?
D. STUDENT FEEDBACK
– Is the student helpful to classmates/ peers?
– Is the student a significant positive impact to his classmates?
E. FOR THE JUDGES
– Is the student an emulation of SERVICE ABOVE SELF
– Does the student have the heart to be a Nurse
– Does the student consider the nursing profession not only as an income generating carreer but the heart to do service above self if the need arises
- A Plaque of Appreciation
- Free Full RN Review Scholarship
- Php. 5,000. cash
- White Beauty Facial Care service worth 5,000
- Buffet for two at Astoria Plaza
- FREE IELTS /TOEFL Review
- FREE NCLEX Review
- and many more
There will be an elimination day Oct. 3 ,and the ten top outstanding will be awarded on Oct. 4 during the event of the 2nd Nurse Expo
Partial List of Participants
- STI COLLEGE OF NURSING
- METROPOLITAN HOSPITAL SCHOOL OF NURSING
- NEW ENGLAND COLLEGE
- ST. IGNATIUS COLLEGE
- KENNEDY GLOBAL
- COLEGIO de SANTA MONICA
- GLOBAL CITY INNOVATIVE COLLEGES
- HOLY ANGELS INSTITUTE OF PRACTICAL NURSING
- KINGSLEIGH INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
- UNIVERSITY OF PERPETUAL HELP-LAS PINAS
- METROPOLITAN MEDICAL CENTER
- MAPUA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
- OLIVAREZ COLLEGE OF NURSING
- OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE COLLEGE OF NURSING
- FAR EASTERN UNIVERSITY