April 22, 2008 · 2 Comments
- is putting the nursing care plan into action.
Purpose: To carry out planned nursing interventions to help the client attain goals and achieve optimal level of health.
- Reassessing – to ensure prompt attention to emerging problems.
- Set priorities – to determine the order in which nursing interventions are carried out.
- Perform nursing interventions – these may be independent. Dependent or collaborative measures.
- Record actions – to complete nursing interventions, relevant documentation should be done. Remember: Something that is NOT written is considered as NOT done at all.
Requirements of Implementation:
- Knowledge – include intellectual skills like problem-solving, decision-making and teaching.
- Technical skills – to carry out treatment and procedures.
- Communication skills – use of verbal and non-verbal communication to carry out planned nursing interventions.
- Therapeutic use of self – is being willing and being able to care.