Nursing Informatics Critical Care Application
Critical Care Nursing
- Is an area of expertise within nursing that focus specifically with human reponses to life-threatening problems.
Critical Care Nurse
- Is responsible to ensure that critically ill patients are seriously conditioned individuals.
- Ensure that families of the medically ill patients should receive optimal care.
- Rely upon a dedicated knowledge, skills and experience and of course automated system of support and intelligent system to provide care to patient and families and create environments that are healing, compassionate and caring.
Critical Care Applications
- Areas where patients require complex assessment, high-intensity medication, continuous therapy and interventions, and unrelenting nursing attention and continuous watchfulness.
Critical Care Information System
- Provide real-time resource utilization data and management of information and access critical care areas through the integration of the medical facilities in the critical care or intensive care unit to an intelligent computer system which is capable of processing all data.
- Enables the electronic collection of hospital and patient-specific critical care data of the entire patient in the critical care areas which can be processed to create a patient profile which generate real time and historical report on indicators including bed occupancy, delayed discharges, readmission rates, and outcomes.
- Automated collection and management of medical information will become the important task of the critical care information system.
Medical Information Bus (MIB)
- Provides a generalized method of attaching patient monitoring devices to a common interface.
- This interface converts the unique manufacturer data communications protocol into a standardized hardware and software system.
- It eliminates the need for custom connector and software presently needed to interface such device.
- Has the ability to filter, store and select information sent for inclusion into the clinical medical record on the clinical computer system. Infusion pumps, ventilators, pulse, and other patient equipment are now transmitting clinical information for use in clinical data reporting and decision making.
Advantages of Critical Care Information System
- Intelligently integrates and process physiologic and diagnostic information and store it to secured clinical repository.
- Creates trends analysis with graphical representation of results.
- Offline stimulation can be performed to test the condition of the patients.
- Provide clinical decision support system
- Provide access to vital patient information
- Providing feedback and quick evaluation of the patient condition and provides alert.