Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN
July 4, 2008 · 4 Comments
There is a reason why the new edition of Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination has been called the best NCLEX review book ever. Essentially, you’ll find everything you need to review for the NCLEX exam under one cover complete content review and over 4,200 NCLEX-style questions in the book and on the free companion CD! Don’t make the mistake of assuming that the quality of the questions is the same in all NCLEX review books, because only Silvestri’s Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination includes the kind of questions that consistently test the critical thinking skills necessary to pass today’s NCLEX exam. And, what’s even better is that ALL answers include detailed rationales to help you learn from your answer choices, along with test taking strategies that provide tips for how to best approach each question. It’s easy to see why Silvestri is THE book of choice for NCLEX review. But dont just take our word for it — read any customer review or ask your fellow classmates to see why Silvestri users believe that there’s nothing else like it!
- Each question includes the correct answer, a complete rationale for all responses, and a test-taking strategy to help students develop strategies for locating the correct response.
- Each question includes a page reference to an Elsevier nursing textbook to help with remediation.
- All alternate item format questions are included, with multiple response, prioritizing, fill-in-the-blank, figure/illustration, chart/exhibit, and audio questions.
- Organization by nursing content areas provides a logical, effective review.
- Pyramid Terms define key terms at the beginning of each major unit or chapter.
- Pyramid Points within each chapter highlight the content that is important in preparing for the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Pyramid to Success sections provide an overview of major units or chapters and specific content related to the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Pharmacology is emphasized with 13 pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication calculation chapter to reflect priority content on the NCLEX exam.
- Introductory chapters cover preparation for the NCLEX-RN exam, nonacademic preparation, test-taking strategies, the NCLEX-RN exam from a student’s perspective, and transitional issues for the foreign-educated nurse.
- A comprehensive exam consists of 265 questions related to all content areas in the book and representative of the percentages identified in the NCLEX-RN test plan.
- CD-ROM allows practice in quiz, study, or exam modes, with questions selected from content area, integrated process, category of client needs, or alternate item format type.
- The review is based on the new NCLEX-RN test plan, effective April 2007.
- Now in full color with over 100 illustrations to enhance important nursing content.
- 200 more questions have been added, for a total of 4,210.
- Includes the new chart/exhibit alternate item format, in addition to questions with audio components.
- Companion CD-ROM uses a pre-diagnostic exam to generate an individualized study plan.
More info @ Nursing Crib’s Online Store