CHECKLIST FOR VITAL SIGNS
Taking the TEMPERATURE
- Explain the procedure to the patient.
- Get the thermometer, disinfect from bulb to stem.
- Read the thermometer if in the level of 35ºC, if not shake the thermometer until it reaches to 35ºC.
- Instruct the patient to open mouth and place thermometer under the patients tongue then instruct patient to close mouth.
Taking the PULSE Rate
- While waiting for the appropriate time, palpate radial artery and count pulse for 1 minute in the proper.
Taking the RESPIRATORY Rate
- Proceed to counting the pulse rate for 1 minute. Observing the proper technique, 1 hand still holding unto the radial artery. Record both RR & PR.
Taking the BLOOD PRESSURE
- Apply the BP cuff with arm hyper extended.
- Palpate brachial artery with left hand, put the stethoscope unto the ear with the earpiece the patient
- Inflate cuff till pulsation disappears and add 30 mmHg
- Place diaphragm bell of stethoscope over brachial artery
- Release valve slowly, take systole, then diastole.
- Remove cuff and record BP.
- Remove Oral thermometer from the mouth
- Wipe thermometer from stem to bulb.
- Read the temperature and record.
- Disinfect thermometer properly.
- Record TRP and Graph properly.