Preventing Medication Errors
Featured Course: Preventing Medication Errors
Contact Hours: 1.5
“If the medication CE is followed in its entirety, it will make significant improvement in catching and intercepting med errors in time.” ~N.A.
Course Description: Medication errors are one of the most common types of errors in healthcare. This module discusses the ‘route’ of the problem by identifying key factors that contribute to medication administration errors. Some examples are illegible orders, errors of omission, and improper dosage or medication selection. This course adheres to The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals.
- List potential examples of medication errors
- Identify key factors that contribute to medication errors
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the patient, the healthcare professional, and the hospital
- Discuss the pros and cons of the ‘5 Rights of medication administration’
- Identify the significance of reporting medication errors
- Discuss safety measures to employ to avoid medication errors
Take this course individually or subscribe to a full year of unlimited access to over 140 nursing CEU courses on Coursepark! Get 35% off the Nursing Subscription by using the promo code ’35for35′ at checkout! Limited time only, ACT NOW!!
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the PA State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.