We believe in:
- The caring art and human science that is nursing in our delivery of care across the continuum.
- Fostering a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach.
- Delivering compassionate, culturally sensitive, holistic care.The strength of our diversity.
- Achieving excellence in patient outcomes through continuous performance improvement using evidence-based practice.
- Following ethical principles to protect the health, safety and rights of our patients and colleagues.
- Patient and family education to promote an optimum level of health and wellness.
- Fostering open, respectful communication to enhance interpersonal understanding and healing.
- A culture that supports empowerment and accountability.
- Continuing education that fosters professional growth, competence and critical thinking.
- An environment that nurtures and supports accomplishments, self-esteem and a love of nursing.
- Provide excellent opportunities for students, faculty, and staff to engage in education, research, practice, and service.
- Develop innovative approaches to achieve quality teaching, research, practice, and service.
- Provide leadership within the profession, the health care system, and the larger community.
- Collaborate with others to address priority health needs in the Commonwealth, the nation, and the world.
- Preparing excellent student nurses and nurse leaders to practice in an ever-changing health care environment;
- Contributing to the knowledge base of the discipline through an active program of nursing and interdisciplinary research;
- Engaging in collaborative and cooperative relationships for the purpose of modeling innovation and excellence in nursing education, research, practice, and service.